Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Monday, Tuesday

The results of my experimenting with slip and oxides
Pulling up 5 1/2 lbs of clay for the first time




The result!
I am in the zone. Monday I started experimenting with slip and oxides and adding texture. Expanding the form has been a challenge for me but yesterday it all came together.
Then today, I decided to expand my activities and threw a large (large for me) piece of stoneware- 51/2 lbs. I am waiting for them to dry enough so they can be bisque fired and glazed. Will post individual pieces later this week.
Be blessed,
GretaMichelle

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors & textures. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! Added porcelain slip with cobalt carbonate added in. Can't wait to see the result.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and share your thoughts on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...