While the Paint Dries

Since my Sunset Sunday is doing the let the paint dry I decided to work on my painting of Natasha. Just to refresh your memory I'm putting a link back to the first sketch here.
I learnt to draw the human face by first getting the oval for the head and then measuring using 'head' measurements where to put the eyes, nose, mouth and ears. The wonderful thing about art though is that it allows you to experiment and find other ways of doing things so I started with the eyes this time and left the contour of the head for last.
I tried to capture more than anything, the atitude of the pose as well as some likeness. Hopefully I did that.





Natasha
oil on canvas panel
11x16

Comments

  1. Excellent work I am impressed with the way you captured the very breath that she is taking in as she leans against the wall grabbing you with those powerful eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and share your thoughts on my blog.