Day 2

Day 2 sees some movement. After letting it sit one whole day; a day in which I had to almost tie myself down to stop from working on it, I have added some more definition to my clouds, house and foreground. I tried to work on each area at the same time to create a cohesive piece. The large tree and bush shape on the right will be further modified so that it doesn't look like that big dark mass.
The sky and clouds are coming together quite nicely. Will go back and do a little more work since I want to show some movement in the clouds at this point, but not much since I want to maintain the freshness of the colours.
My pallete as usual is limited. I am using the primaries: cadmium red hue, cadmium yellow hue, ultramarine blue plus viridian and titanium white. I enjoy mixing my colours to create the variety seen on the canvas. I especially enjoy creating the neutrals and finding new ways to get a neutral.
Glad you're along for the ride. Look out for day 3.

Comments